TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If we take steps to collect any outstanding amount, this agreement gives us the right to recover our interest, costs, expenses, collection fees, and reasonable attorney fees from you. In the event of non-payment, Customer agrees to pay interest at the rate of 1.5% per month on any past due balance. The highest handling charge allowed by law is issued to checks returned due to non-sufficient funds.
Exceptions From Liability
The carrier is not liable for the following:
- Loss, damage or delay to any of the goods described in this bill of lading caused by an Act of God, the Queen’s or public enemies, riots, strikes, a defect or inherent vice in the goods, the act or default of the consignor, owner or consignee, authority of law or quarantine.
- Unless caused by the negligence of the carrier or the carrier’s agent or employee:
- Damage to fragile articles that are not packed and unpacked by the contracting carrier or by that carrier’s agent or employee(s);
- Damage to the mechanical, electronic or other operations of radios, phonographs, clocks, appliances, musical instruments and/or other equipment, irrespective of who packed or unpacked such articles, unless servicing and preparation was performed by the contracting carrier or by that carrier’s agent or employee(s);
- Deterioration of or damage to perishable food, plants or pets;
- Loss of contents of consignor packed articles, unless the containers used are opened for the carrier’s inspection and articles are listed on this bill of lading and receipted for by the carrier;
- Damage to or loss of a complete set or unit when only part of such set is damaged or lost, in which event the carrier is only liable for repair or recovering of the lost or damaged piece or pieces;
- Damage to the goods at place or places of pick-up at which the consignor or the consignor’s agent is not in attendance;
- When the carrier pays for the replacement value or replaces a damaged or lost item, the lost or damaged item becomes the property of the carrier.
- Liability with respect to items such as photographs and similar objects is limited to the face value of the film, albums etc. with no allowance made for sentimental value. Personal items must be taken by owner(not put on truck).
- Coverage does not extend damage to goods due to the change of volume, color or shape caused by natural occurrences including without limiting the generality of the foregoing, wrapping, fading, rusting, evaporation, condensation, shrinking and expanding, normal wear and tear and damage to particle board furniture during disassembly/reassembly.
- Damage to the goods at place or places of delivery at which the consignee or the consignee’s agent is not in attendance and cannot give receipt for goods delivered.
- The consignor shall be charged for all parking fees and tickets for illegal parking acquired during the move.
- The consignor agrees to notify the carrier in writing within 96 hours of delivery with full particulars of any damage or loss.
- A carrier is not bound to carry any documents, specie or any articles of extraordinary value unless by a special agreement to do so. If such goods are carried without a special agreement and the nature of the goods is not disclosed on the face of this bill of lading, the carrier is not liable for any loss or damage.
Conditions and Exceptions
- Shall be subject to all Conditions of Carriage.
- Shaan Mover employees are entitled for paid 5 minute break for every hour of work and an additional15 minute break if move is more than 4 hours.
- No coverage for any loss of value to an item due to damage and subsequent repairs.
- No liability whatsoever shall be assumed if the client or others assist or interfere in any part of the moving procedures.
- Weight estimation uses the method specified within the Alberta Traffic Safety Act and/or the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations of multiplying cubic volume in feet times an average cargo weight of 7 pounds per cubic foot. Pounds per foot of loaded truck is calculated at width x height x.
- The carrier shall not be liable for:
- Property which at the time of loss has become obsolete or unusable for its originally intended purpose.
- Any Art, Antiques, Documents, Jewellery, Coins, Specie or any articles of extraordinary value (over $5000) unless by special agreement.
- Injury to goods resulting from previous injury and I or improper assembly.
- Damage to unstable furniture or the structural failure of particle board furniture.
- Ordinary wear and tear caused by moving procedures or deterioration due to temperature change or weather conditions.
- Injury to goods or premises due to the requirements of unusual or unique moving procedures caused by access restrictions.
- Client assembled furniture or simulates, lamps or other modular furniture that is not disassembled and packed for transport. (Client must do this disassembling themselves unless request this service.)
- Breakage of glass, stone and mirrors not packed and unpacked in boxes by company employees. (Client must request this service).
Although our movers will be careful with your possessions, from time to time damages may occur. If damage is caused by our service, Shaan Movers reserves the right to repair the damage(s) in question. If we determine that a damage cannot be repaired, we reserve the right to either replace or compensate for the damage. If there is damage, notify your movers immediately. They will complete a Damage Report before they leave your site. If you discover damage after the move, call the office within 96 hours of your move. No damage claims will be honored until the charges for moving services are paid in full.
Damages caused while unloading/loading your truck or storage unit
Shaan Movers is only responsible for items in our immediate care, custody and control. You will be asked to sign a Release of Liability acknowledging this. Shaan Movers is not responsible for items broken by customer on the job. Shaan Movers are not responsible for damaged item that customer packed themselves, particle board furniture. No transport of Fine China. Shaan Movers when loading a pod or someone else’s truck is not responsible for any damages that may occur during transport.